Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rolling with her homies

Things have been busy around here, thanks to Marla's demanding social schedule. At six months old, I think she's had more play dates in the last week than I've had in the last year. Sheesh.

Following TBTIV, those of us with children decided to initiate a lasting friendship by introducing them to one another at the first annual The Big Trip Junior in Eau Claire! Check out these beauties. I hope they all go to St. Olaf, live in Kittelsby, and perform Paula Abdul at a talent show together someday.

Ella (17 months), Marla (6.5 months), Kendall (14 months):


Over the weekend I made a trip to Minnesota to meet my friend Beth's new baby girl, Emma Lou. She is so tiny and cute, and seeing her sweet little newborn self (and seeing how sleep deprived her parents are) made me realize just how much things have changed in the months since Marla was born. We've come so far!


I can't believe Marla used to be this small! (Well, technically not THIS small, at least outside the womb, but you get the idea.)


My friends Jeff and Natalie were visiting from Florida while I was in Minnesota, so they stopped by with their adorable son, Eden (22 months). I think he sat still for approximately 4 seconds to take this picture, which may be a record for him. I love Marla's grin in this picture. A future love connection, perhaps?


We wrapped up the weekend with a play date with our friends Brian and Darlene's baby girl, Isabella. She's just a month younger than Marla, and the two of them seemed to really hit it off. Look how much fun they're having together!

No comments: