Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Big Trip IV (La Crosse)

Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that I published the TBTIII post? Here we are, nine months later and on to TBTIV already. Crazy. 

Anyway, you'll recall that last year's trip was in Vegas. This year's destination was slightly closer to home in La Crosse, Wisconsin (they say La Crosse is the Vegas of Wisconsin, right?). I was grateful for the short drive, as it was my first time leaving Marla for two whole nights. I missed her lots, but had a great time with my Olaf friends.

We went to the beach and spent a lot of time blowing up floaties. Unfortunately, we learned they're not allowed in the water only after they were all inflated. Apparently floaties aren't a good idea on the river. I can't imagine why...



We rented a place in La Crosse called the Bluff View House, which is a Lustron home. If you know anything about Lustron homes, you know that's a pretty big deal. At least for the 12 people it took to make the documentary about them, anyway. The most important thing to know about Lustron homes is that you can forgo wall art in favor of magnets. Cool, right?



I miss these girls so much and am so glad we've established an annual tradition of getting together. Thanks for another fantastic TBT, ladies!

No comments: