Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Boating with baby

We took Marla on her first ride on my dad's boat a few weeks ago. Some of my fondest memories of growing up involve boating, so I'm hoping to instill a love for it in Marla. Unfortunately, we don't have a boat. Maybe someday. Until then, we get to hitch rides from other people.

Marla did really well, considering she needed a nap and was forced to wear a life jacket that restricted any ability to, well, move. Those infant life vests mean business. Seriously.


Still not sure about this whole thing.


We docked and ate lunch in Afton. Much happier.


After some lunch, she crashed and napped while we cruised up the river.


After that, she was a star! Happy to have a break from the life jacket while we anchored for a few minutes:


She loved the boat, especially when Grandpa let her "drive." She bounced and jabbered with complete abandon while my heart camped out in my throat. Should I learn the baby sign for "BE CAREFUL!" now, or wait until she can read and just tattoo it across my forehead?

 




No comments: