Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Baptism

We had Marla baptized on May 15. For once, it was a beautiful day in Wisconsin (thank you, God)! Here's the lady of the hour in her baptism outfit. The dress was made by my great-grandma for my mom. Both she and I wore it for our baptisms. I'm so happy we had a girl that this can be passed down to!


The necklace was a gift from my sister, Alisa, and her fiance, Jim. They're Marla's godparents. It's engraved with her name and I absolutely love it! (She does too.)


Pictures weren't allowed during the service, but afterward we got some shots with extended family. BTW, it will forever annoy me that we're all looking different directions in these pictures. Why doesn't everybody know to always look at MY camera??

The godparents. I love that Alisa and Marla have the same expression here.


See how I'm looking at the RIGHT camera? Darn you, familial paparazzi.


Grandma Pam and Grandpa Sonny. I can't believe how big Marla looks here.


This one cracks me up. Marla looks like she's got a bright idea.


She seems to always be grabbing Grandpa Dave's beard in pictures. This reminds me of how I always used to yank on my grandpa's beard when I was younger. I sense a pattern emerging here...


Grandma Kelly and Grandpa Todd. (Have I mentioned that she has a lot of grandparents?)


This is our pastor, Mark. He and his wife are former Oles, which makes them super cool by default. Beyond that, though, he's a great pastor and person.


It was a great day. God bless you, Marla Rae. We love you so much.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a pretty baptism outfit!!! And such a happy baby. Was she so happy during the actual event?