Thursday, September 2, 2010

An unexpected side effect

Since I got pregnant, people have been asking if I've been having any cravings or aversions.  I usually say no, but that's not entirely true.  For instance, I crave pretty much any fatty, starchy, salty, or surgary foods (basically the entire menu at Dairy Queen).  And I've been somewhat turned off by vegetables and all forms of exercise.  The problem with this is, Jeff works out on a daily basis, so by comparison my inactivity is borderline pathetic.

In a lukewarm attempt at getting in shape, I recently bought a prenatal yoga DVD.  I did it for the first time last night, and woke up to something even more alarming than the soreness in my legs... a very obvious belly!  It's like the baby ingested some steroids overnight.  I got several comments on the size of my bump today, so I know it's not just my imagination.  At 23 weeks pregnant, I shouldn't be surprised... however, I'm convinced that this growth spurt was a direct result of exercise.  I should have known better.



   By the way, I'm not the only one in the house who's taken up yoga.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I also crave DQ and detest veges. It must be common (?) -- at least for Lutherans. :)

Has Jeff said to you yet: "Your belly is getting SO BIG." It's a pretty high self esteem day when that happens, let me tell ya. :P